10BaseT to 10BaseFL Media Converter Card
EtherCom ERM02 rack-mount media converters are designed to allow the network designer to add 10 Mbps fiber segments as needed. Installed in ERM21C, 21 slot chassis ERM02 provides concentrated location of hot swappable media converters, suitable for industrial, petro-chemical, and security installations. The ERM02 10BaseTX to 10BaseFL media converter, allows 10 Mbps specifications to be used over fiber cable.
Features & Benefits
- Up to 21cards in a two unit high (3.5 inches) 19″ rack-mount chassis
- Hot swappable modules
- Optional redundant power supply
- ERM02 converts 10BaseT to 10BaseFL and vice-versa
- Cross-over switch on all RJ45 Ports
- Allows for the introduction of a fiber segment and greatly increase segment length, eliminate electro-magnetic interference, and offers protection from lightning
- Multimode configuration. standard, the optional single mode can increase fiber segment lengths from 2 Km to 15 Km
- Transparent to Half duplex/full duplex operation
- Rugged steel faceplate
- Designed & manufactured in the USA
The ERM02 10BaseTX to 10BaseFL media converter, allows 10 Mbps specifications to be used over fiber cable.
It is designed to meet the need of network planners to integrate Ethernet performance with the benefits of fiber segments that comply with 10BaseT 802.3 standards.
A complement of six LEDs display power for the unit, polarity, link, and receive on each segment. Each RJ45 port features a MDI/MDIX, uplink, downlink, crossover switch that dispenses with the any need for specially configured cables.
The built in auto sensing power supply in the ERM21C chassis can be augmented with a second redundant power supply for added protection.
The ERM21C chassis allows installation of mix of up to twenty-one 10 or 100 Mbps hot swappable modules.
|Network Standards||Ethernet IEEE 802.3u|
|Power Requirements||Input Voltage: 5.5 VDC regulated|
|LEDs||PWR., POL., Fiber-RX & LK, TP- RX & LK|
|Dimensions||0.75″ x 3.5″ x 2.5″|
|Environmental||Operating Temperature: 32 to 122F (0 to 50 C)|
Storage Temperature: -4 to 140F (-20 to 60 C)
Relative Humidity: 5% to 90% (non-condensing)
|Connectors||1 Fully Shielded RJ45 connectors, choice of SC or ST Fiber Connectors|
|Cabling||UTP Category 5 maximum cable distance 100 meters. Fiber max. cable distance 2 Km multi mode and 15 Km single mode|
|Environmental & Safety||EMI FCC Class A, CE|
|ERM02-ST, 10BaseT to 10BaseFL ST Multimode card|
|ERM02-SC, 10BaseT to 10BaseFL SC Multimode card|
|ERM02-SM, 10BaseT to 10BaseFL ST Single mode card|
Tel: +1 510 440-0242