5 Port Micro Hub
Aimed at but not limited to the small office/home office sector, EHB46 is an IEEE 802.3 standards-based, 10BaseT 4 & 5-Port unmanaged hub that supports a half duplex, 10 Mbps data rate. The comprehensive compliment of LED indicators that include a ‘Network Utilization’ bar graph allows you to instantly see the amount of traffic on the hub. Each of the shielded RJ45 connectors have integrated LINK & ACTIVITY LED indicators.
Fast and simple ‘plug & play’ installation allows you to connect PCs and workstations for an office network and the advanced architecture exploits the latest integration technologies, ensuring scalability for future expansion. Virtually transparent to existing software, it requires no additional software.
Features and Benefits
- 21 LEDs for system monitoring & management
- New LED ‘Network Utilization’ Bar-graph meter gives instant visual read out of traffic on hub
- Link & Activity indicators integrated into the Fully Shielded 10BaseT RJ45 connectors on each port
- Great for small stand alone work groups or quickly adding to an existing larger network
- Compact rugged steel enclosure Construction, with optional built in flanges for easy wall mounting
- Fully transparent to all software
- Works with PCs and Workstations
- 110-240 Vac power supply
- SOHO – Ideal for small office and home office applications
- IEEE 802.3 compatibility to ensure interoperability with other standard network products
- Simple plug & play installation. No switches, jumpers or software to configure
- MDI/MDIX uplink/downlink switch on Port 1
- Automatic partitioning and reconnection
- Automatic polarity detection and correction
- Designed & manufactured in the USA
- 5 year return to factory warranty
Facilities Managers have found our sub-micro hubs ideal in environments where office configurations are frequently changing. These hubs often allow them to make changes without the need to pull more cable. The rugged steel enclosure with its small footprint (4.5” x 3.0”) is ideal when there’s a need to quickly expand node density in a cubical environment. The optional heavy duty mounting flanges allows you to place the EHB46 in the most suitable location without having to worry about damage or space requirements.
Educational institutions have accepted our sub-micro hubs for both classroom and dormitory applications. Their durability has made them especially in demand for the dormitories.
EtherCom Sub-Micro hubs have also found acceptance with mobile teams who appreciate the advantages of having their laptops networked when they arrive at their temporary site.
A cross-over switch on port one allows for easy cascading of one EHB44/46 into another to increase port count. It also makes it very easy to link to a larger network and does away with the need for special cross over cables.
With automatic partitioning and automatic polarity detection and correction, the EHB44/46 hubs offer EtherCom legendary reliability, quality connectivity and all at an entry level price.
EHB44 & EHB46 are used in telecom backbone for their multi broadcast property.
|Network Standards||Ethernet IEEE 802.3|
|Speed||10 Mbps Half duplex|
|Power Requirements||Input Voltage: 110- 240 Vac input|
Output Voltage: 12 Vdc @1.0 A
1 for power, 1 for global collision, 1 for global carrier sense, 8 for % of utilization bar-graph & 2 for each port displaying Link & Activity.
(For EHB44 the AUI Port displays Activity & Loop Back)
|Weight||1.5 lbs (0.750kg) Including power supply|
|Dimensions||4.68” x 3.25” x 0.79” (12.0 cm x 8.5 cm x 2.1 cm)|
|Environmental||Operating Temperature: 32 to 122F (0 to 50 C)|
Storage Temperature: -4 to 140F (-20 to 60 C)
Relative Humidity: 5% to 90% (non-condensing)
|Connectors||Fully Shielded RJ45 connectors|
AUI, Female DB15 shielded connector (EHB44)
DC Power Jack, 9.5mm x 5.5mm x 2.5mm
|Cabling||UTP Category 3, 4, or 5, maximum cable distance 100 meters|
|EMI & Safety||FCC Class A, CE|
|EHB44||Sub-Micro Hub, 4 RJ45 Ports and 1 AUI with 110-240 Vac power supply|
|EHB46||Sub-Micro Hub, 5 RJ45 Ports with 110-240 Vac power supply|