10BaseT/100BaseTX 5 Port Micro Switch
The ESM500 is a Fast Ethernet Micro Switch that connects up to five workstations with 10BaseT or 100BaseTX network and operates at full wire speed without collisions or discards.
All five ports are able to auto-negotiate to 10Mbps or 100Mbps full or half duplex. The fifth port has a crossover switch that eliminates the need of crossover cable while connecting to a NIC-type device or HUB type device. Extremely small size and lightweight makes it very attractive for small business and home office applications (SOHO).
Each of the ESM500 ports can operate without regard to the other ports at 10 or 100 Megabytes per second and 20 or 200 in full duplex mode. The ESM500 is a switch, not a hub, so these are not shared ports, but switched ports capable of operating at full bandwidth. The auto-negotiation feature, allows the ESM500 to recognize the speed of the network adapter card that it is connected to, and self-configure itself, to that speed.
All ports support multiple MAC addresses, with a total of 1 K for all Five ports.
- 5x 10/100TX Ports
- Comprehensive LED support, indicator for Link, Activity, Full/Half, Collision and Speed 10/100
- IEEE802.3X flow control for full duplex operation
- Half duplex back pressure flow control
- Broadcast storm protection
- Unmanaged operation via strapping
- Wire speed reception and transmission
- Auto Negotiating, MDI/MDIX Ports
- 10/100Mbps, full/half, flow control and auto negotiation
- Low power operation
- Very small form factor
- 90mm x 80mm x 25 mm
- 3.6” x 3.2” x 1”
- Automatic address learning, address aging and address migration
- Integrated address Look Up Engine, supports 1K absolute MAC addresses
- Designed & manufactured in the USA
|Network Standards||Ethernet IEEE 802.3|
|Power Requirements||Input Voltage: 110, 230, 240 VAC. See order info|
Output Voltage: 12 VDC, 1.0 amp
1 for power, 4 for each 10/100 port Collision, Link/Activity.
Full/half duplex & 10/100.
|Switches||Total 1: Cross-over for the fifth port|
5 RJ45 for 10/100 Ports
DC Power jack ESM500
|MAC addresses||Look up engine supports 1 K|
Automatic learning, address aging & address migration
|Flow control||Half Duplex|
Wire speed reception & transmission
|Broadcast storm protection|
|Weight||0.5 lbs. (0.23 kg)|
Excluding power supply
|Dimensions||3.6” x 3.2” x 1”|
(90 mm x 80 mm x 25 mm)
|Environmental||Operating Temperature: 32 to 122F (0 to 50 C)|
Storage Temperature: -4 to 140F (-20 to 60 C)
Relative Humidity: 5% to 90% (non-condensing)
|Cabling||UTP Category 5, maximum cable distance 100 meters|
|EMI & Safety||EMI FCC Class A, CE|